You can follow updates from our hospital on your preferred social media networks. Our pages are not monitored 24 a day. Please be aware we may not be able to respond to all questions sent to our pages because of limited time, resources, data protection and patient confidentiality. The content on our profiles may not necessarily reflect the views of our hospital. We are not responsible for the material from any public posts, related links or featured advertisements.
Please do not use our social media channels to report complaints. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or, for further advice contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01604 545784 or email@example.com. You can find detailed information about our complaints procedure on our concerns and complaints page.
- Our social media accounts are not for reporting emergencies or safeguarding concerns. If you are in an emergency and there is danger to life or you believe someone is in imminent risk of harm, you should dial 999.
- We maintain a strict zero tolerance policy on abusive, intimidating, threatening, discriminatory or inappropriate language.
- Engaging in the practice of targeting, harassment or intimidation towards our hospital staff, patients or community members will not be tolerated.
- You should not post any confidential or personal information on our pages, this includes your NHS number. If you message us and we need further information, we may ask you to send this to us by email or telephone.
- You should not post anything that could incite, condone or encourage conduct which could result in a criminal offence, civil liability, or otherwise breach any laws.
- You should not post anything that could be considered defamatory, embarrassing, or damaging to an individual, company or entity's reputation.
- Our review systems are set-up to allow members of the public to submit a fair, genuine and un-biased review of their personal experiences at our hospital. You should not use this system to post your thoughts or opinions on care and treatment received by others.
- You should not attempt to disrupt our communication channels, or other users from attempting to communicate with us.
- Please stay on topic and avoid posting irrelevant comments. We use automated spam and profanity detection filters, these may remove posts or comments. We may also remove any non-NGH related posts, sensitive or personal information.
Users who post abusive content, either publicly or via private message will have their posts removed and accounts banned from accessing our pages. In certain circumstances, your comments may be reported to the relevant authorities. If we believe you have left a review that does not represent the care you or a family member has received, we reserve the right to request the removal of the review.
Management of our social media accounts
- Our accounts are managed by staff from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. While we may monitor our accounts and post outside of these hours when required, we may not be able to respond to posts or queries.
- If you have concerns or queries outside of these hours, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- If you are ever concerned that someone is in imminent risk of harm, please contact the emergency services (999) immediately.
- We will curate content shared by you online and we may re-post it, in-line with the terms of service of our social media platforms and our privacy policies.
- Retweets, shares and follows on social media should not be considered endorsements.
For more information on our online channels and forums, or to give suggestions on how to improve our guidelines, please contact email@example.com.