The children's services directorate at Northampton General Hospital is an integrated child health service and is ideally placed to help ensure that children get the best possible start in life to improve life chances. We are actively involved with national initiatives such as Sure Start, On-Track, Quality Protects, and looked after children. The directorate comprises the majority of services for children within acute and community settings.
- Child and family centred care
- A comprehensive range of services offering complete physical and emotional well being, and
- A seamless service of treatment, care and support.
We work closely with education, mental health and social services to improve children's health needs alongside their social, emotional and educational development.
The children's services directorate is a diverse group of front line staff, from a wide variety of backgrounds, working together to safeguard children and to make a difference to the lives of children and their families.
We aim to provide the best health care for children and young people
The majority of services are based, or work from, Northampton General Hospital.
Visiting outreach clinics:
- GOSH Cardiology
- Leicester Royal Infirmary Surgery/Urology
- BCHs Nephrology
- Addenbrookes Cleft Lip Team
- Oxford University Hospital – Neurology
- Coventry & Warwickshire – Sickle Cell