Head and Neck
The Head and Neck Directorate provides the following services:
- ENT specialty (ear, nose and throat) - outpatients and theatreENT incorporating audiological services
- Ophthalmology specialty (eyes) - outpatients and theatre
- Ophthalmology incorporating orthoptic services
- Maxillo Facial specialty - outpatients and theatre
- Orthodontics outpatient department
- Maxillo Facial and Orthodontic Laboratory
Orthodontics within the hospital is the management of patients with Dental /facial growth problems, trauma, missing teeth, and the correction of severely crooked teeth.
Patients are referred for Oral surgical procedures in the mouth, which a dental practitioner cannot do. These procedures may be the surgical removal of impacted wisdom teeth, biopsy of tongue or paediatric dental extractions.
Patients are also referred to the department for treatment of head and neck cancers and skin cancers.
We are not a dental service and do not provide any treatment such as fillings or dentures or other treatment routinely provided by a dentist.