Mr James Gallagher
Name of Consultant
Mr James Gallagher BDS (Lond), MRCS (Eng), FDSRCS (Eng), FFDRCSI, FRCS (OMFS)
Main telephone number: 01604 544579
Fax number: 01604 545452
Primary Specialty: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS)
Years Qualified: 1989 (Dentistry), 1996 (Medicine), 2005 (Completion of Specialist Training).
- General Medical Council, Registration Number 4329862 (Since 1996, Specialist List Since 2006).
- General Dental Council, Registration Number 64173 (Since 1989).
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Fellow in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
- Member of the British Medical Association.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in General
- Treatment of Facial Injuries (Hard and Soft Tissue Injuries)
- Treatment of Facial Deformity (congenital and acquired)
- Facial Pain (including jaw joint and muscle pain)
- Skin Surgery of the Head and Neck (member of the Skin MDT)
- Treatment of Oral Mucosal and Salivary Gland Disorders.
- Assessment and Treatment of Babies and Children with Tongue tie affecting Feeding or Speech
Mr Gallagher has been Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Northampton General Hospital since March 2006.
He completed Higher Surgical Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Northern Ireland Regional OMFS Training Programme from 2000 to 2006. In 2004 he spent six months in Glasgow training in the management of Head and Neck Cancer in the West of Scotland Regional Maxillofacial Unit.
In Northern Ireland Mr Gallagher developed his interest in the management of complex trauma and facial deformity cases. He works closely with his Consultant Orthodontist colleagues to provide the best possible service for the treatment of facial deformity with Orthodontics (braces) and Orthognathic (jaw correction) surgery.
Since arriving in Northampton, Mr Gallagher has been a member of the Skin MDT and has undertaken surgery for patients with head and neck skin cancers.
Mr Gallagher is very active in medical education and is the Training Programme Director for Dental Core Training for Health Education England, East Midlands. He is the Lead Educational Supervisor for Dental Core Trainees in the Maxillofacial Unit at Northampton and is also a Consultant trainer and Clinical Supervisor for the Oxford and Eastern Deanery OMFS Specialist Trainees.
Links on other websites