Telephone: 01604 54172
How to find us
Enter the building at the Billing Road entrance and follow the signs for Area S.The nearest pay & display car park is car park 4 or car park 2.
Click here for the hospital map
Visiting times on the ward are:
For more information on visiting please visit the visitors page.
Type of ward
Knightley is a 21 bedded mixed sex ward, we provide care for patients with a wide range of medical conditions.
What should I bring with me?
- Please ensure you bring:
- Your admission letter and any other information we may have sent.
- Any personal medicines or inhalers that you are using at the moment.
- Any special aids you use (eg walking stick, hearing aid,etc)
- Any medicines or tablets that you are currently taking.
- Details of your next of kin.
- The name and contact details of any care agencies that may be supporting you at home.
You may also want to bring:
- Night clothes, day clothes for longer stays
- Dressing gown, bedjacket or cardigan
- Denture pots (if applicable)
- Shaving items
- Soft shoes or slippers
- Washing and toiletries (including toothbrush and toothpaste)
- A box of tissues
- Hand wipes
- Things to do (eg reading, writing materials, crosswords, knitting)
- The name, address and telephone number of your GP
Storage space is limited, please bear this in mind when packing for your stay with us, and do not bring clothes that you will not need. Some areas will encourage you to wear to wear your day clothes when appropriate, however space remains limited so minimal requirements are appreciated. The trust cannot be held liable for your belongings, and labelling your items clearly is recommended..
Please do not bring:
- Valuables, jewellery or large sums of money. (We cannot be held liable for there loss)
- Personal audio equipment-unless you first check with ward staff, and always use headphones or earphones.
A porter and if necessary a nurse, will escort you to the ward, and nursing staff will carry out observations and admit you to the ward.
Meals are served at the following approximate times:
- Breakfast 7.45 – 8.30
- Lunch 11.45 – 13.00
- Supper 17.00 – 18.00
No visitors during protected mealtimes please.
There is a choice of cereal and bread at breakfast times. Each patient will be given a menu to select their lunch and dinner choice for the next day. Vegetarian selections are available and special religious, cultural or vegan meals are available on request.
Visitors can bring in food and drink for you as long it can be stored safely on the ward, and does not require any cooking, heating or refrigeration. Suitable foods include fruit, biscuits, crackers, crisps and confectionery.
if you are having an operation or special test, your visitors should check with your nurse about bringing in snacks for you.
The Hospedia individual phone/tv/radio/internet system is available by each bedside. Each patient has a dedicated telephone line with an individual number, which can receive outgoing and incoming calls including international calls.
About the Team
- Dr Srini
- Dr Boovalingham
- Dr O'Kane
- Ward Managers: Naomi Walters
- Acting Manager: Sarah Curphey
- Junior Sister: Sarah Curphey
- 12 Nurses
- 14 permanent HCAs
- 1 Housekeeper
Any other information
While you are in hospital , you may be transferred from one ward to another. These transfers will be agreed with a consultant, and your relatives will be informed by the ward staff where you have gone.
If you are in pain, discomfort or worried, please let the ward staff know.
Your medical information is strictly confidential and will not be passed onto anyone without your permission. But if you wish, staff will keep relative informed about your progress.