We’re proud to be the first NHS hospital in the UK to sign up to an internationally-recognised programme for nursing and midwifery standards.
The Pathway to Excellence accreditation programme recognises hospitals with positive practice environments where nurses excel. This is measured with 6 practice standards essential to an ideal nursing practice environment.
What does Pathway to Excellence mean for our nurses and midwives?
To qualify, organisations meet 6 practice standards essential to an ideal nursing practice environment:
- Shared decision making
- Professional development.
So when you join our team, you’ll have the reassurance of knowing that we respect your contribution, we support your professional development and we nurture the optimal work settings for you and your colleagues.
Some of the ways you’ll benefit from this are:
- Shared decision councils across our nursing and midwifery workforce
- Senior Staff Nurse Recognition
- Mentor awards
- RCN leadership programmes
- Preceptorship programmes
- Band 6 and 7 development programmes
- First choice and fast track recruitment of our student workforce
- Our professional practice model
The Pathway to Excellence programme is delivered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
We welcome you to join us on our Pathway to Excellence