Welcome to cancer services at Northampton General Hospital. We are a regional hub serving Northamptonshire and North Bucks providing in-patient and out-patient services from radiotherapy, brachytherapy and chemotherapy.
Our Cancer Services dept are a dedicated team of cancer trackers who ensure the patients journey is monitored from referral through to treatment. This ensures we comply with national cancer targets it also ensures patients who are diagnosed with cancer do not incur any unnesessary delays whilst awaiting treatment to commence.
Types of cancer:
- Brain tumours
- Breast cancer
- CUP (Cancers of unknown primary)
- GI cancer
- Gynaecological cancer
- Head & Neck cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Urological Cancer
- Haematological Cancer
An overview of services at Northampton General Hospitals oncology centre
Northampton General Hospital is a specialist cancer centre serving Northamptonshire Milton Keynes and further afield. We are also regional centre in administration of Brachytherapy.
The majority of our services have been brought together In the Oncology Centre at Northampton.
Services at Northampton General Hospital include:
- Extensive facilities for Haematology patients in our newly refurbished state of the art unit day case and clinic facility.
- Nuclear medicine: purpose built facilities which has three new imaging or scanning machines called Gamma cameras to view structure of organs and another will be used to look at heart blood flow and function.~
- We have a dedicated chemotherapy suite based in the oncology centre, with current plans of refurbishment.
- A specialist radiotherapy referral centre treating local patients as well as those further afeild from Milton Keynes, Kettering and Corby.
- Macmillan infomation support centre for any advice and infomation relating to cancer including partnership arrangement with the dept of work and penions and citizens advice bureau.
- A dedicated cancer ward providing support from consultant oncologists and haematologists. The newly reburbished ward is one of few in the UK with an emergency assesment bay for patients who encounter problems during chemotherapy theatment who require assesment by oncology doctors.
More infomation about services within oncology can be found by clicking the links below.