Name of Consultant
Mr Alistair Duncan
MBBS BSc FRCS FRCSE FRCOG
Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon and Oncologist
Main telephone number: 01604 544967
Fax number: 01604 544405
Primary Specialty: Gynaecological Oncology Surgery
Secondary Specialty: General Gynaecological Pelvic Surgery
Year Qualified: 1981
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- The British Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
- British Society for Gynaecological Imaging (BSGI)
- Gynaecological Malignancy
- Colposcopy and Cervical Disease
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scanning
Mr Duncan was appointed Consultant Gynaecologist and Lead for Gynaecological Oncology at Northampton General Hospital and the Northamptonshire Oncology Centre in 1993.
He trained on the Queen Charlottes and Guys Hospital rotations in London and as a Senior Registrar at the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh. In 1992, he completed a Fellowship in Gynaecological Oncology at the Royal women's Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.
In addition to Gynaecology, Mr Duncan has a particular interest in Pelvic Ultrasound, Pelvic Surgery and Colposcopy and runs "one stop" clinics for the investigation of postmenopausal bleeding and suspected ovarian cysts, by carrying out clinical assessment, biopsy and ultrasound scans at the initial appointment, where indicated.