Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The department of O&G (Women’s Services) aims to provide the full spectrum of high quality service for women in Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
- We are a highly regarded treatment centre for patients with gynaecological cancers in the region.
- We are developing an endometriosis service along similar lines and already receive referrals from adjacent regions.
- In our maternity unit, birth is considered an important family event and a positive experience. We try to create an environment which is ideal for families and promote normal birth.
- We have one of the highest home delivery rates in the UK and offer in addition to this, midwife led and/or consultant led hospital births.
As we are constantly reviewing and improving our services, your experiences are important to us and we need your help to achieve this. Please ask for the Patient Experience Tracker (PET) to record your opinions, if you are a current patient.
- Gynaecological cancer services
- Endometriosis centre
- Maternity Services
- General Gynaecology
- Fertility Services
- Incontinence & Prolapse Clinic (Urogynaecology)
- Abnormal Smear Clinic (Colposcopy)
- Emergency Gynaecology
About the team
Directorate Managers – Rose McKee (Obstetrics) & Lauren Burnage (Gynaecology interim)
Assistant Directorate Manager- Laura Wilkinson
Head of Midwifery– Heather Gallagher
Deputy Head of Midwifery - Christine Ainsworth
Clinical Director – Mrs Sue Lloyd
Divisional Director- Mr Owen Cooper
Divisional Manager- Sandra Neale
Associate Director of Nursing - Debbie Shanahan
Modern Matron (Gynaecology) – Lesley Smith
Modern Matron (Maternity) – Debbie Honey
Modern Matron (Community Services) – Anne Richley
Mr Clive Aldrich - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mrs Jyothi Kambhampati - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Owen Cooper - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Alistair Duncan - Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon
Mr Farhad Alexander-Sefre - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Miss Beena Abdul - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Mrs Ami Shukla - Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead Urogynaecologist
Mr Clemens Von Widekind - Consultant Gynaecologist
Mr Chellappah Gnanachandran- Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead for Fertility
Mrs Amrita Datta - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Sue Lloyd - Consultant Obstetrician
Miss Sara Dexter - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Sambita Basak - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Gillian Smith - Nurse Consultant
You can find out more about the Obstetrics & Gynaecology Directorate by clicking on the appropriate links below:
The Gynaecology ward is:
The Obstetrics wards are:
Sturtridge (Labour Ward)