Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The department of O&G (Women’s Services) aims to provide the full spectrum of high quality service for women in Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
- We are a highly regarded treatment centre for patients with gynaecological cancers in the region.
- We are developing an endometriosis service along similar lines and already receive referrals from adjacent regions.
- In our maternity unit, birth is considered an important family event and a positive experience. We try to create an environment which is ideal for families and promote normal birth.
- We have one of the highest home delivery rates in the UK and offer in addition to this, midwife led and/or consultant led hospital births.
As we are constantly reviewing and improving our services, your experiences are important to us and we need your help to achieve this. Please ask for the Patient Experience Tracker (PET) to record your opinions, if you are a current patient.
- Gynaecological cancer services
- Endometriosis centre
- Maternity Services
- General Gynaecology
- Fertility Services
- Incontinence & Prolapse Clinic (Urogynaecology)
- Abnormal Smear Clinic (Colposcopy)
- Emergency Gynaecology
About the team
Directorate Manager - Matthew Tucker (PA: Bonny Alberts)
Head of Midwifery & Gynaecology - Anne Haines (PA: Nadia Ryan)
Clinical Director - Mr Clemens von Widekind
Modern Matron (Gynaecology) - Debra Shanahan
Modern Matron (Hospital Services) - Helen McCarthy
Modern Matron (Community Services) - Faith Oduegwu
Modern Matron (Quality & Safety Assurance Manager) - Christine Ainsworth
Mr Clive Aldrich - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mrs Jo Anthony - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Jonathan Bibby - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr Kheng Chew - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Mr Owen Cooper - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr Amrita Datta - Consultant Obstetrician
Mr Alistair Duncan - Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon
Mrs Sue Lloyd - Consultant Obstetrician
Mr Wesley McCullough - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Professor Edward Shaxted - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mrs Ami Shukla - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Lead Urogynaecologist
Mrs Gillian Smith - Nurse Consultant
Mr Clemens von Widekind - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
You can find out more about the Obstetrics & Gynaecology Directorate by clicking on the appropriate links below:
The Gynaecology ward is:
The Obstetrics wards are:
- Robert Watson
- Sturtridge (Labour Ward)