The department of obstetrics and gynaecology (Women’s Services) aims to provide the full spectrum of high quality service for women in Northamptonshire and surrounding counties.
- We are a highly regarded treatment centre for patients with gynaecological cancers in the region.
- We are developing an endometriosis service along similar lines and already receive referrals from adjacent regions.
- In our maternity unit, birth is considered an important family event and a positive experience. We try to create an environment which is ideal for families and promote normal birth.
- We have one of the highest home delivery rates in the UK and offer in addition to this, midwife led and/or consultant led hospital births.
As we are constantly reviewing and improving our services, your experiences are important to us and we need your help to achieve this. Please ask for the Patient Experience Tracker (PET) to record your opinions, if you are a current patient.
- Gynaecological cancer services
- Endometriosis centre
- Maternity Services
- General gynaecology
- Fertility services
- Incontinence & prolapse clinic (urogynaecology)
- Abnormal smear clinic (colposcopy)
- Emergency gynaecology
About the team
Joanne Smith - Associate Director of Nursing – Womens, Children, Oncology, Haematology and Cancer Services
Clare Flower - Head of Midwifery
Rebecca Daniels – Consultant Midwife
Danielle Boyd – Governance Lead Midwife
Emma Perkin - Quality Improvement Matron
Louise McVicar – Intrapartum Matron
Claire Dale – Interim Maternity Matron, Community & Outpatients
Paula Morgan-Clow – Lead Professional Midwifery Advocate
Lorraine Ryan – Maternity Matron
Robert Atley - Directorate Manager, Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Mrs Sue Lloyd - Clinical Director and Consultant Obstetrician
Mr Owen Cooper - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mrs Amrita Datta - Consultant Obstetrician
Miss Sara Dexter - Consultant Obstetrician
Mrs Sambita Basak - Consultant Obstetrician
Miss Kate Jones - Consultant Obstetrician
Miss Sima Delavari - Consultant Obstetrician
Miss Geethanjali Boregowda - Consultant Obstetrician
Mr Clive Aldrich - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mrs Ami Shukla - Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead Urogynaecologist
Mr Clemens Von Widekind - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Chellappah Gnanachandran - Consultant Gynaecologist, Lead for Fertility
Mrs Jyothi Kambhampati - Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Mr Farhad Alexander-Sefre - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist, Cancer Lead
Miss Beena Abdul - Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist
Mr Perviz Khan - Consultant Gynaecological Surgeon
Mrs Gillian Smith - Nurse Consultant
You can find out more about the Obstetrics & Gynaecology Directorate by clicking on the appropriate links below:
The gynaecology ward is:
The Obstetrics wards are: