Important: ADHD Medication Shortages 2023:
Information for children, young people, and families / carers
At the moment there are problems with the availability and supply of a range of medication used to treat ADHD. There are supplies of medication coming in, but this is changing every day.
At present, it is expected this will remain the situation for supply until start of January 2024.
For now, please continue with the medication you/ or your child has been prescribed.
- Please order repeat medication from your GP with at least 14-days supply left of medication.
- Check with your usual pharmacy if they have the medication or they can order it in when you give the prescription to the GP.
- If your pharmacy cannot source your usual medication: -
- a. Contact other local pharmacies to see if they have any available stock.
Where medication or a particular strength of medication is not available, contact your GP or prescribing clinician to discuss other options available.
For further information or for information to pass onto your child’s educational setting please call the Community Paediatric team on 01604 544264
The childrens services team help to ensure that children get the best possible start in life to improve life chances. We are actively involved with national initiatives such as sure start, on-track, quality protects, and looked after children. The directorate comprises the majority of services for children within acute and community settings.
- Child and family centred care
- A comprehensive range of services offering complete physical and emotional well being, and
- A seamless service of treatment, care and support.
We work closely with education, mental health and social services to improve children's health needs alongside their social, emotional and educational development.
The childrens services directorate is a diverse group of front line staff, from a wide variety of backgrounds, working together to safeguard children and to make a difference to the lives of children and their families.
We aim to provide the best health care for children and young people
The majority of services are based, or work from, Northampton General Hospital.
Visiting outreach clinics:
- GOSH Cardiology
- Leicester Royal Infirmary Surgery/Urology
- BCHs Nephrology
- Addenbrookes Cleft Lip Team
- Oxford University Hospital – Neurology
- Coventry & Warwickshire – Sickle Cell