Hearing Aid Fitting
What to expect in a hearing aid fitting
During the first fitting of your hearing aid you may experience the following:
- The Audiologist may look into your ears
- Fitting of an ear mould or small plastic tube with a dome depending on your hearing loss.
- You may have a small plastic tube (open fit) placed into your ear canal along with your hearing aid whilst a sound is played through a speaker. This is to help set up your hearing aids specifically for you.
- Explaining how the hearing aids works and how to look after it.
- Discussion of how the hearing aid sounds and tweaking of the hearing aid as necessary.
- Mentioning if you lose your hearing aid there is a £75 cost for an replacement depending on the circumstances.
In your appointment you will receive:
- Instructions on how to use and maintain your hearing aid
- A brown NHS battery book with information on how to access batteries and repairs service
- Cleaning wires in back of brown book if needed
- A case to keep your hearing aids in.