Child Protection and Liaison
Named Nurse Safeguarding Children
Telephone: 01604 544656
Safeguarding Children Nurse Advisor
Telephone: 01604 544485
Paediatric Liaison Nurse
Telephone: 01604 544673
How to find us
Offices are located in Child Health Area H, close to the children’s wards. The nearest car parks are 3 and 4. Disabled car parking is available in area K.
Click here for the hospital map
Our safeguarding children’s team aims to ensure every baby, child and young person is protected and free from abuse or neglect. Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility and, through training and supporting staff in all aspects of child protection, we aspire to provide a high-quality safeguarding service according to the law, and best practice.
Our philosopy is:
- to adopt a Think Family approach to prompt our staff to find out if our patients’ families need access to additional support and help.
- to model the behaviours necessary to enhance the safeguarding service through positive improvements ensuring our organisation discharges its responsibility effectively during the patient’s stay in hospital and beyond.
The children’s liaison service is responsible for communicating information regarding children’s attendances at A&E, admissions and discharges from hospital, to GPs, health visitors and school nurses, locally and nationally.
We also offer a service called CONI – care of the next infant. The CONI service is available to provide support and advice to parents, siblings and extended family who have had a baby die as a result of sudden unexplained death in infancy. Referral to the CONI service can be via any health professional or by self referral. CONI is organised by the CONI co-ordinator and a consultant paediatrician.
For more information, visit our safeguarding hub
Links on other websites
- www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/nacpc - Local Safeguarding Children Board Northamptonshire
- www.opsi.gov.uk - Office of Public Sector Information - Access to current legislation relating to children – Children Act 1989, Children Act 2004
- www.dfes.gov.uk - Department for Education and Skills - Information relating to the every child matters agenda, and Common Assessment Framework (CAF)