Community Children's Nursing Service
Telephone: 01604 523896
The community children's nursing service is available from Monday-Friday 08.00-18.00 excluding bank holidays.
The service is available from Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) 08.00 - 18.00
The community children's nursing service (CCN's) consists of lead nurse, senior staff nurses and children's support. We provide a comprehensive nursing service to children and young people (CYP) who have nursing needs which cannot be met by universal services. This may include children and young people with acute short-term conditions, those with disabilities and complex needs, and children and young people with life-limiting/life-threatening illnesses including those requiring palliative and end of life care.
We also offer competency based training programmes to support individuals in meeting the complex health needs of the children and young people.
We provide care to:
- Children aged 0-18 years
- Children who are residents in the West Northamptonshire area.
- Children who are registered with a GP in the West Northamptonshire area, who have a GP who is part of the Nene Commissioning Group.
Children who meet the criteria would include those who are:
- Children who have palliative/end of life needs.
- Enterally fed
- Have Oxygen requirement
- Require suction
- Have a Tracheostomy
- Require saturation monitoring
- Requiring nebulised therapy
- Require post-operative wound care/catheter removal
- On going management of ACE procedure
- Long term home ventilation
- Maintenance of Central Venous Access Devices
- Have a pressure ulcer
(Please note the above are examples and not a definitive list)
Referrals are made to our service via the referral management centre this can be accesses at: https://www.nhft.nhs.uk/cyprmc
The Community Nursing Team