Community Children's Nursing Service
Telephone: 01604 523896
The Service is available from Monday-Friday (excluding bank holidays) 08.00am - 6.30pm
The Community Children's Nursing Service (CCN's) is a team of experienced children's nurses working in the community setting, providing care to the following group, who have nursing needs which cannot be met by universal services.
- Children aged 0-18 years (though we may consider 18-19 year olds with learning disabilities under some circumstances.)
- Children who are residents in the South of Northamptonshire.
- Children who are registered with a GP in the south of Northamptonshire, who have a GP who is part of the Nene Commissioning Group.
Children who meet the criteria would include those who are:
- Children who have palliative/end of life needs.
- Enterally fed
- Have Oxygen requirement
- Require suction
- Have a Tracheostomy
- Require saturation monitoring
- Requiring nebulised therapy
- Require medication by injection (training provided to parents/carer)
- Require post-operative wound care/catheter removal
- On going management of MACE, when a 'button' is in situ
- Have a ileostomy/colostomy/Urostomy
- Have a pressure ulcer.
(Please note the above are examples and not a definitive list)
The Community Nursing Team