- Integrated surgery department, Northampton General Hospital:01604 544921
- Vascular studies unit, Northampton General Hospital: 01604 544922
- Admissions office, Northampton General Hospital:01604 544001
- Vascular office, Kettering General Hospital: 01536 493778
- Vascular nurses Northampton General Hospital: 01604 545174 Kettering General Hospital: 01536 493392
- Radiology department, Northampton General Hospital: 01604 545636
- Willow ward, Northampton General Hospital: 01604 545548
- Consultant Details: Mr S Kappadath
The Northamptonshire Vascular Service provides a comprehensive range of services. The vascular surgical consultants work as part of a multi-disciplinary team alongside other specialist doctors, nurses and technologists.
The service provides an inpatient, outpatient and daycase service for the management of vascular diseases, including bypass surgery, repair of aortic aneurysms, carotid artery surgery, management of varicose veins and in creasing fistulas for dialysis.
Specialist nurses assist with the running of the department, offering experience in management of the vascular patient, follow-up and rehabilitation, which contributes to a holistic approach in treatment of vascular conditions.
The vascular studies unit plays an integral part by performing duplex ultrasound scans and tests to diagnose abnormalities in the arteries and veins.
The team works closely with other specialist services including:
Vascular surgery covers the treatment of peripheral vascular disease, aortic aneurysms, carotid artery disease and varicose veins. The vascular surgery department works in close co-operation with the interventional radiology department in the provision of vascular and endovascular treatments for the population of Northamptonshire.
Vascular voice - our service newsletter
Issue 1 - February 2019