Respiratory / Chest Clinic
Telephone: 01604 545796
Fax: 01604 544858
For the respiratory lab telephone 01604 545741
For RESTART telephone 01604 544865
Opening times: Monday to Friday – 09.00am – 05.00pm
How to find us
The Chest Clinic is on Level One in Area D (Cliftonville entrance).
The Respiratory Lab is located in the portacabins in Area F near car Park 1.
The nearest parking to the department is Car Park 1. Disabled parking is available in front of the Cliftonville Entrance and in front of the South Entrance, Area F.
Click here for the hospital map
- General respiratory outpatient and in patient care
- Sleep service
- TB clinic
- Lung cancer
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy service
- Pleural effusion clinic
- Oxygen clinic
- Full lung volumes and gas transfer
- Reversibility testing
- Nebuliser assessment and loan service
- Oxygen therapy assessment
- Exercise testing
- Sleep studies
- Methacholine challenge testing
- Fitness to fly assessment -private patients only
- Skin prick allergy tests
- Mouth pressure (for respiratory muscle strength)
- Earlier discharge scheme for patient with COPD
- Pulmonary rehabilitation course
- COPD clinic
The department has a comprehensive range of respiratory function testing equipment and sleep diagnostic equipment.
What should I bring to my appointment?
Please bring a list of medication you have been prescribed with you.
About the team
The chest clinic and respiratory lab are staffed by Consultants (one with additional responsibilities in intensive care), Specialist Registrars, Specialist Nurses, Physiotherapists, Respiratory Physiologists, Clinic Nurse, Health Care Assistants and a range of administration and secretarial staff.
The team is also supported by TB nurses and Lung Cancer Nurse Specialists, and a Thoracic Surgeon from Leicester.
- Dr McCann-Tuesday PM, Thursday PM, Friday PM
- Dr A Nusimuddin- Monday PM, Tuesday AM, Tuesday PM, Wednesday AM
- Dr Richardson - Tuesday AM , Wednesday AM, Thursday AM, Friday AM
- Dr Jeffrey - Monday AM
- Mr Waller (visiting Consultant from Leicester) - Thursday PM
Links on other websites
Any other information
Respiratory Therapy Acute Response Team (RESTART) is a team of nurses and physiotherapists who provide care for patients with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). They support early discharge of patients with COPD and also run the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programme.