A superhero celebration for 2019 award winners
Dr Sonia Swart and Alan Burns presents Joseph Ahenkorah and Ruth Smith with the Non-Clinical Unsung Hero of the Year Award
The 2019 Best Possible Care award winners were crowned on Friday 27th September in a celebration fit for the superheroes of Northampton General Hospital.
The evening celebrated staff and volunteers who go above and beyond to provide the Best Possible Care for patients and support their colleagues. There were over 200 nominations for this years awards and 14 winners were announced at the awards ceremony. The judging panel had a tough time to decide and awarded joint winners in the Unsung Hero catagories.
The winners are...
- Clinical Team of the Year Award- Neonatal Outreach Team
- Non-Clinical Team of the Year Award- Clinical Coding Team
- Unsung Hero of the Year Award- Julie Melvin and Mihaela Ene
- Unsung Hero of the Year Non Clinical Award- Joseph Ahenkorah and Ruth Smith
- Patient Safety Award- Tracy Keats
- Patient Experience Award- Sue Lloyd
- Quality Improvement Award- David Richards
- Volunteer of the Year Award- Audrey and Tim Barnard
- Clinical Educator Award- Chellappah Gnanachandran
- Fundraiser of the Year Award- Brian Hayes
- Outstanding Contribution Award- Hilary Hart
After the celebration Dr Sonia Swart reflected on our theme for this years awards of superheroes.
"There's something about superheroes...
Superheros are people who do something special with their skills or powers to help people
Superheros do something really special to make people feel great.
They usually have a passion for a battle and pick their fights.
They look after their body and mind- something which our heroes may forget to do..
Finally they do something very important. They wear a mask to be unidentifiable when they do something amazing they don't ask to be thanked.
They do their heroric deed because they want to and afterwards they go from being a superhero back to their lives. Our staff and volunteers are just like these superheroes.
This night not only belongs to our shortlisted nominees but to everyone at NGH. You will know that amazing care and random acts of kindness are done every day. These are people who don't ask to be thanked but who just do it."
We would like to thank the Northamptonshire Health Charity for their sponsorship of this event and for helping us to thank our heroes.
A huge thank you to our host for the evening Stuart Linnell MBE for hosting our evening for us.
And to our special guest Spiderman, who welcomed Chief Executive Dr Sonia Swart, Chairman Alan Burns and host Stuart Linnell MBE to the stage.
Posted on Monday 30th September 2019