Relaxing of visiting restrictions at Northampton General Hospital
A photograph of the South Entrance at Northampton General Hospital
We are pleased to announce that we are returning to pre-pandemic visiting levels in our areas where there are no Covid cases (green zones). The change is due to a continued reduction in Covid cases within our hospitals and the local communities.
Two visitors will be able to visit a patient for up to 2 hours a day, during either 2-4 or 6-8pm. Pre-booking is no longer required but we will ask you to sign in and out of the ward.
It remains a mandatory requirement for all visitors to wear appropriate face coverings when coming in, unless exempt, and to respect the personal space of others when in clinical areas. We also ask that anyone feeling generally unwell does not come in so that we can continue to offer protection from the spread of any illness to our patients and staff.
Anyone with a COVID positive test or showing symptoms of coronavirus (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste) should not visit, even if these symptoms are mild or intermittent, due to the risk they pose to others. Additionally if you have had contact with a confirmed COVID case in the last ten days or have had any diarrhoea or vomiting in the last two days, we will ask you not to visit.
All visitors must observe good hand hygiene (handwashing) to reduce risks to the visitor, other patients and staff.
Please help us all to stay safe by:
- All visitors must always wear a face covering or face mask when entering and moving through the hospital.
- Visitors will be asked to wear a surgical facemask on all wards and to take their coats off, roll up their sleeves and clean their hands.
- Please do not eat or drink during your visit on the ward, keep your facemask on to keep safe.
- You should bring as few personal belongings as possible with you, e.g. bags, handbags, electronic devices, gifts and food for the patient.
- If unable to visit in person, please talk to the staff about arranging a virtual video visit.
Posted on Monday 30th May 2022